Thursday, 24 September 2009

Wedding Planning Blues

First published September 6th '09

If anyone ever tells you that planning a wedding is "the best thing to do, ever" then they're either (A) a liar or (B) as rich as Croesus. I am neither, so I will tell you it gets you down a bit.

If I type in "inspirational wedding ideas" into Google one more time, I'll tear down the street in my pyjamas singing nursery rhymes... because I will officially go mad! Even Google keeps asking "are you sure you want to do that? Nothing new will come up ya'know!"
The long and short of it is that I have the ideas - I know exactly what I want. But it all kind of costs money. So I have resorted to ignoring it. It is now September. We're talking about 8 months to get this wedding planned, leaving a few months in case anything goes wrong. Bearing in mind Christmas is coming up, thats going to wipe out any funds we already have, so we're really talking January before I can even begin saving properly. Excellent.

This isn't to bring anyone down, or to put them off getting married or anything. Its a blog - you clicked this page to find out how the wedding planning is going, and Im telling you its not going far.

OK, lets talk about the positives.

1) I have the groom... *phew*, it would be kind of difficult to pull off without him, really.

2) Bridesmaids dresses are hung in my wardrobe, ready for action. Downside? Still havnt got around to customising them yet. Still, thats not as important as, say, booking the chapel is it?

3) Wedding music chosen, and also ready for action. Still open to suggestions though... (http://www.mywedding.com/beestingsandweddingrings/music.html)

4) Possible dress has been seen, although not purchased. Why? It is not white. But I do luff it so, and I don't get why I would have to wear white.

5) My feathered bouquet is almost complete.

6) I do have a lot of ideas, and Im not walking into this planning with my eyes shut. I work quite well under pressure, I won't have a breakdown ("Breakdown, breakdown" *bursts into song with Victoria*)

OK, its happened. I have gone mad. Better go get my pyjamas on and unlock the front door....

No comments:

Post a Comment