Aaaah Sunday. The day set aside for wedding planning. A day, I was promised by my beloved partner, that would be spent looking at vintage cars, cake toppers and the Hobbycraft website.
10 minutes after starting such planning, we had gone our seperate ways. Tom, back to his lair upstairs to watch another thrilling episode of Heroes, whilst I stared at my laptop in distress. Needless to say, no decisions were made. However, Tom realised I was a bit annoyed at his lack of interest - mainly because I spent the day in a huff, but thats not the point - so we resheduled for today.
Today went slightly better. Tom is, at the moment, back in his lair after a hard days shopping, but still. A few hours of his attention is better than 10 minutes, so we're getting there slowly.
Anyway, enough of this mindless banter. I have only gone and bloody done it. Thats right, the most important thing on my shopping list. The dress.
Remember that dress I told you about? The pink one? Well I'll remind you anyway. I found the perfect dress, and when I went beack to look again, the shop had closed down. Boooo.
However, today I was dragging Tom around and there it was. The shop. It hadn't shut down, it had just very selfishly moved! Moved! Without telling me! I almost had a nervy B over that missing dress, and it was just 100 steps away!! Result.
So, in we go, the hunt for the pink dress is on! Well, the red one was there.... the one I had already discounted for goth-related reasons.... and then there was a purple one in the same style..... nice, but purple? Nah.... aaaha! A black one! Gorgeous! But my bridesmaids are in black, so that would look silly. Where is the pink one?!
And then, without even having my "look-only-for-white" brain in gear (I basically walk around shops, zooming in on white clothes in case I find a bargin dress) I heard it.
"They do it in white"
Tom had seen it first. The dress, but in white! Bloody hell, I didn't even know they did it in white! Or purple, or black, but that is not the point. I completely forgot that a pink one exsisted for a moment of time, grabbed the white one from off the rail and scurried around for the price tag. Its a ladies perogative not to reveal the price of her wedding dress, but I will tell you that it is within budget! Want. Need. NOW!
I was dragged from the shop before I caused a scene by Tom, because he could see my "About To Cause A Scene" face making an appearence. He knows me too well. Thats why Im marrying him.
So, come pay-day, that dress is mine. If its still there. And if I can get Tom to go shopping again. And if the shop doesnt go walk-abouts.... again.
So, back to the shopping list...... (1) The Wedding Dress. Check, double check and a thumbs up.
All Ive gotta do now is, well, fit into it....
Thursday, 1 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment