However, I am still pondering certain aspects of the wedding. First of all, I am wondering when, and if, I will have a say in - well - anything. I have kindly been furnished with a guestlist. So my original one will be scrapped. Apparently.
Do I get to choose my own dress...? Well, yes and no. I can look at as many as I want, but if it costs more than - say - a fiver, I can whistle for it. And I can't whistle. Or ride a bike, according to Tom. Just because hes never seen me do it, it doesn't mean I can't do it. He's never seen me asking Merlin what he thinks about some rather garish design on 60 Minute Makeover, but it doesn't mean I don't do it.
You didn't read that.
Anyway, back to wedding planning. So far, so bad. I have invites detailing where and when the wedding will take place - but nothing much more than that. Yes, the day is booked, but we have yet to serve our notices. And we have a reception, but no forms of entertainment. Or means of getting there. Or any decorations. Or a cake. Or favours. Or, well, anything, other than the room.
I can't just not have music. But I am very picky about my DJ. I don't want to be listening to Agadoo all night, or watch my beloved Nan try to do the Macerena.
And if "Oops Upside Your head" comes on, I will fire him on the spot.
But, again, my DJ has kind of already kindly been chosen for me. How kind.I just remember the week Tom proposed. We spent so much time going through ideas and unique details. It seems nothing has come to fruition. The date has been changed, the ceremony is not what we expected, and we're holding the reception a stones throw away from our old school.
Not exactly what we spent hours thinking about. Then again, beggers can't be chosers.
But badgers can.
Right, I know what will cheer me up. Im going to have some coffee, get dress hunting and update you when I am in a better mood.
And if im not back in 5 minutes.... just wait longer!
XxX

No comments:
Post a Comment