It was pay day yesterday which means, naturally, I went shopping with Tom. Not that we go shopping every pay day, that would be silly. But, I was promised that, on pay day, we would go and buy The Dress.
So, did the shop move? Was it even still in stock? Had I gone off it? No, is the resounding answer to all of these questions. So yes, I have it. I can't quite believe it myself. I havent even booked the date yet, but Ive got all of the dresses. People will ask why I got them so early, but I am ready with an answer.
I bought the bridesmaid dresses about 3 months ago, or 1 month after we got engaged. Why? For many reasons.
1) I get over excited easily, and simply couldn't wait to get started on the planning.
2) The dresses were exactly what I was looking for, so why wait for them to be sold out or replaced with something awful?
3) Budget is everything, and - bearing in mind I had 3 of them to buy - I paid a very reasonable price for them.
4) If I had bought them closer to the time, there is a slight chance that one of my guests could have worn the same dress, which would be highly embarassing for all involved.
The same can be said for my dress. It was exactly what I wanted, it was within budget and, because it is not "technically" a wedding dress, there is a chance one of my guests could have worn the same dress.
Although, whoever turns up to someone elses wedding wearing a white dress shouldn't be allowed in if you ask me. Thats the rules at my wedding. Hello, welcome to the ceremony. You're wearing a white dress... Go home and change. Now.
Except me, of course.
So, that is WHY I bought the dress. But, I still want to carry on talking about it, purely because I can.
However, there is a slight fly in the perverbial... They only stocked the dress two sizes smaller than I am on a bad day.... Yes. That was very silly of me. I bought a dress that I can't fit into unless a miracle happens and I lose weight. But, Tom looked me in the eye last night and said "You can do it, I know you will."
Bless him. The only problem is, I think he was talking about the fact that I was also considering altering the dress.... "you can do it" may refur to my needlework skills. Either way, he has faith in something, so I'll go with it for now.
Another problem.... yes, I know! I made out this was the best dress since Liz Hurley went mad with the safety pins, but it does have some problems I will be the first to admit. Firstly, as discussed, it is too small. Secondly..... It shows quite a significant amount of leg. By which I mean, my leg, not a false leg sewn onto the back or something... No, its quite short.
That sounds awful. Its not a mini-dress or anything. Its not like I'll look like a Geordie on a friday night. I just mean its not ankle length. "Below knee", I would describe it. So, yes. My legs. Need I remind you all how much I hate them....? Plus, this means shoes. Nice shoes. Because I wont have a big dress covering my feet, I can't just stick on a pair of slippers or something. So, I need nice shoes.
I am not like most women. I hate shopping for shoes. If I see some nice shoes whilst out shopping for other things, I will buy them (funds willing). But I hate going out with the sole purpose (see what I did there...?) of finding a certain shoe. I can never find the right one. Black shoes for school.... could never settle on one pair. But, as soon as I bought some mediocre black lace-ups or something, I would spot some lovely little black ballerinas or something. And the school year was ruined.
So I hate shoe shopping. White shoes are impossible to come across, unless you live in Essex. White stillettos are everywhere. But thats not what I want.
So the search continues. Dress - Check mate. Shoes? Come back to me on that one.
Saturday, 10 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment