Sunday, 27 December 2009

The Miracle of Christmas

Merry Christmas one and all!

Ive had a good ol' year don't you know. 2009 has been one of those years I shall have to make a mental note of. Ive moved into my first home with Tom, gotten myself engaged and got a family together (namely, two cats). So, it won't go down the same route as 2008, which has since been lost in my memory file. Nor will it be sentenced to a lifetime of forgottenness, like 2007. Or was it 2006 I tried to forget about? Oh I don't know, I've forgotten.

Anyway, all there is to say is 2009 has been a good year. And there is still 4 days left, who knows what could happen!? OK, in all probability, nothing. But, there is one other thing that happened this year that I won't forget in a hurry. And that is my sister Victoria doing, possibly, the nicest thing she has ever done for me... and that includes being a generally fab big sis at the best of times. Shes only gone and restored my faith in human nature. Not only that, Ive had my faith restored that, yes, my wedding day might not be all doves and 4 tier cakes, but it will be done MY way.

But, dear blog-reader, you may be thinking "hang on, just last week in the last blog article you were complaining that your day was being ruined by interfering people? What about the Agadoo DJ you hate the idea of, and the hordes of VIPs you've never met being guests of honour?!"
Well, all I can say to that is "not anymore". You see, getting married is like starting a business. You need financial backing, and that backer will have a say in what happens. These backers are commonly known as "Dragons". I for one was not happy that my particular financial backer... or "dragon"... was dictating every last detail of my wedding. So what did my sister do?

In the words of Rage Against The Machine, as this is a festive time of year, she decided to "Take The Power Back". For Christmas, as a present to Tom and I, she has given us £1000 to spend on the wedding, so that we can do it "our way". Thats right, One Thousand English Pounds Sterling! Ive never even dreamt that I could have that kind of money for one day! But shes gone and done it! I knew I made her my Maid of Honour for a reason!

So, the wedding will go ahead. Not only have I got the funds to do things beyond my wildest dreams, but ive also got someone to talk wedding planning with! Now that she is my Dragon, she can help me! We can dress shop, look for cake toppers and search out DJs together! I am SO excited about what 2010 will bring now. Ive got 5 months EXACTLY (because the wedding is 5 months tomorrow!) to get some serious wedding planning done!

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Woody!

Oh, and Merry Christmas Blog-Fans... and a happy new year! See you in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment