Saturday, 12 December 2009

I has another problemette...

20 seats. 29 relatives. Do the maths.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that its Tom's day off (therefore = lie in day) and the nosy woman across the road has sent her son to cut down my hedge at 8am, but im feeling a little bit stressed. I wouldn't mind, but I was purposefully growing that hedge to be bigger and bushier, so that it covered my entire window and therefore I could open my blinds once every now and again without fear of her climbing down her path and staring at me!

But stress brings it out of you. I was up until the very early hours thinking about my little problemette. And no, not the one in yesterdays blog article. I have a new one now. Ive just found out that certain family members are not aware that their children are not invited. I was told "oh its fine, send your invite for them - and their partners that you have never met - to my house, and I'll pass them on".

Wait, what?!

So Ive done the maths. Ive juggled and re-juggled the seating plan and its no use. You cannot get 29 people into just 20 seats. And thats not including the fact that I did kinda want some friends there too, not just a big Walton clan reunion.

Oh lordy lordy! We're forgetting, are we not, about my "VIP" guests! Where ever shall they sit?! Im sure nobody (least of all me) would mind if they just sat next to me and Tom at the front, I mean, they ARE very, very special guests. Well, Ive never met them, nor has Tom, but they come highly recommended as THE wedding guest to have on your special day. A wedding without Woody & friends.... well, it just aint a wedding, is it?

Its 9am. I should not be up this early. But I am through no fault of my own, which is why I will rant, rant and rant again about this. Until Thomas puts his foot down with a firm hand, I doubt there will even be a wedding, blog-fans. I don't see why I should suffer this nonsense. Up with this I will not put. We are having the cheapest, easiest wedding because we want to do it OUR way. Yet, I have been told "this, this and this person" are not allowed to come, however "this, this and especially this person" are first in the line for a slice of cake and a volauvent! And "this bloke" is doing your Djing.... hes a big fan of Agadoo no doubt..... and what?! Cars? Who ever heard of using a car on your wedding day?! Get the bus you work-shy fop! And you want a wedding reception in a nice place?! No, darling, just no. My bestest friend in the whole world - who IS coming to your wedding, by the way - had her reception in a cheap little sports hall. You should do that. In fact, why not copy HER day completly?! Well, you wouldn't know what happened at her wedding, seeing as though you wasn't invited.... that said, she thinks the world of you two - ok, not enough to invite you to hers - but never-the-less.....

One of these days I'll be sent mad. Maybe by the interfering, maybe by the 8am alarm call of somone cutting my hedge down. But one thing is for sure.... when I do go mad, I'll do it MY way and thats my final word!

No comments:

Post a Comment