And so, as the snow of January melts away into the slightly warmer February, its time to take stock look at the positives.
I cannot proudly claim that this wedding is good to go, but I have managed to get some stuff done.
For example, I decided to stop ignoring those invites and get them done. So I spent 3 hours the other night signing and sealing, all I need to do now is deliver them. And what with the price of stamps being what they are, I think the hand-delivered approach might be best.
But this threw up another problem. Well, not another problem, more like brought back to life a problem I had hidden at the back of my mind. I refur you to Woody and Co. I know I said that Im not inviting them, but what does that mean? Not much if they are told "oh, your invite must have got lost in the post. I did tell them to invite you, so you must be invited. Just turn up at this time on this date...."
One main thing that is starting to get on my nerves is Facebook. Well, not Facebook itself, but certain people I have stupidly accepted friends requests from. Shes one of those people that I have been forced... sorry, "advised"... to invite. She is not coming. This is fact. Apart from the fact that I don't even know her, she keeps "liking" my status, everytime I mention anything even remotly related to the wedding. As though shes trying to say "I like weddings. I like them so much I had my own last year. I even like to like status' about weddings. But I don't like you enough to have invited to to my wedding. But I like your status."
Well 'eff off! If she turns up, I will be very annoyed. As for Woody and co, I think Im going to have to handle that in a more mature manner. Namely, get a bouncer. If your names not down, you ain't comin' in!
On the plus side, the invites do look brilliant. OK, they havnt been made by a proffessional printer, and they didn't get the royal seal of approval or anything, but given the materials and budget I had to hand, Im pretty pleased with them.
Anyway, enough about invites. Lets get working on having something to invite them to...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment