1) Yes, Tom and I did it. We got married! We celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary just last week. Well, I say "celebrated". I mean we went into town for a drink but both ended up on soft drinks because (A) Tom doesn't like drinking and (B) I can't drink when Im pregnant.
2) Thats right, Im pregnant again. We're due our little Rory Austin in October, and we can't wait!
3) You read right. I said "again". Thats because, shortly after writing my last article for this blog in February 2010, we found out I was pregnant, which does explain the silence on here a bit. Dylan Thomas was born on December 5th 2010, which made me 3 months pregnant on our wedding day. We announced it to family and friends (obviously, close family already knew) at the wedding reception, and got an awesome reaction. I seem to remember somebody screamed a bit...? It was all a blur.
So thats basically all I have to say on the last 2 years, but this is my wedding blog, I think you all deserve a quick run-down of how the day itself went.
Firstly, the ceremony was perfect. I don't know why I was worried about not getting the church wedding. The Sheffield Town Hall was lovely. The room was grand but with a touch of intimacy, as there was only 40 or so seats. Dad walked me down to aisle to a mash-up of Mika's "Happy Ending" and Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You up". I rick-rolled my guests right from the off!
We said our vows - Tom somewhat nervously. He hates public speaking. Mind you, Im not a big fan of it, but I had had some practice. Thats right, narrator No. 3 and Angel No. 4 in at least 3 Nativity Plays in my youth. We were pronounced man and wife, and we signed our contracts. Then we all went outside for photos in the Peace Gardens. It was a lovely day, weather wise. Not too hot, but the sun was bright enough to look good on the photos.
We then retired to the hotel bar to chit-chat with guests, before going to our hotel room to get prepared for the evening. Because Im such a control freak, I didnt really trust anyone else with the decoration of the hall, so we rushed there 2 hours before the guests, along with my best friend Dom, Toms best man James and my parents. We did balloons, set up the guest book table, put the cake out, put sequins on the tables. It looked brilliant. But because it was a sports hall, they had big screen TVs everywhere.... showing the football. Tom was very happy indeed. Until they turned it off 5 minutes before the guests were due. Good times.
We greeted guests, we danced with people, we chatted to family and friends. We had pulled it off. Months of planning, worrying and blogging... We were married! I got my lovely purple dress, the 3-tier cake, the posh buffet, the lovely weather. And it was all because I kept a calm head and ploughed on through the tough times (OK, maybe I can't take credit for the weather, but everything else was pure hard work).
We had the best day of our lives, and were looking forward to more to come.
I just want to thank Blogger for giving my a platform to rant on. it saved my sanity many occassions.
Anyway enough chit-chat.... PHOTOS!
The 3-tier cake, lovingly baked and decorated by my little sister and bridesmaid, Katie. I always said I wasn't going to have traditional cake toppers...
Everyone who came to the ceremony outside the Town Hall in the Peace Gardens.
My wonderful bridesmaids, doing a fantastic job of being brilliant.
Me and my husband
Enjoying a much needed drink after a lovely day
...And this is our little boy Dylan, who was around 14 months old for this photo.







No comments:
Post a Comment